eNGO International Programme: The eNGO programme, a national movement, is a joint effort of Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) and Public Interest Registry (PIR) to make grassroots organizations ICT enabled by providing a web-enabled platform through free website, domain name, and providing capacity building through the eNGO training programme.
The eNGO programme strives to empower more than 3.3 million NGOs and Self Help Groups to create a virtual identity and increase their visibility for national and global outreach. eNGO programme offers websites in any local Indian language.
We are working as a state partner of DEF for digitally empowering the grassroots organizations of West Bengal. We have already coordinated 6 workshops at West Bengal that are:
- Kolkata (3rd May’2014)
- Basirhat, North 24 Parganas (14th September’2014)
- Tamluk, Purba Medinipur (16th September’2014)
- Malda (16th November’2014)
- Burdwan (18th November’2014)
- Barasat, North 24 Parganas (1st February’2015)
Access 2 Apex Programme: This programme is a self funded programme of Sukalyan Welfare Society, which mainly aims to digitally empower the rural youths through the ICT tools like Laptop & Tablet. This programme is based partially on the curriculum of NDLM (Only Level 1). Since 2013 we have organized more than 10 training camps and digitally empowered more than 200 youths in several districts of West Bengal.
We have coordinated ICT Trainings at:
- Deganga (1st December’ 2013)
- Rajarhat (4th December’ 2013)
- Nimtouri (8th December’ 2013)
- Berachampa (10th December’ 2013)
- Basirhat (11th December’ 2013)
- Bira (19th March’ 2014)
- Englishbazar, Malda (28th April’2014)
- Lalgola, Murshidabad (8th May’ 2014)
- Ranaghat, Nadia (10th May’2014)
- Nabadwip, Nadia (2nd July’2014)
- Basudevpur, Deganga (8th August’ 2014)
- Chakla, Deganga (17th August’ 2014)
‘Yogayog’ Initiative: We are scouting, recognizing those parents and guardians whose wards live abroad and can’t have any kind of communication with them for the lacking of communication media & minimum digital literacy. We help them to communicate through Skype.
This initiative is enabled at:
- Deganga Block, North 24 Parganas.
- Sandeshkhali (Near Sundarban)
- Rajarhat Area.
Awareness, Survey & Video usage for sanitation improvement: We do survey at the slums and villages and show them the videos for habituating the proper sanitation methods, the 7 steps of handwashing is the most highest priorities among all.
We have done the survey’s and awareness camps at:
- Dakshineshwar (Nivedita Colony)
- Kamarhati (Islamia Colony)
- Deganga (Basudevpur Village)
- Rajarhat (Patharghata Village)
- Rajarhat (Hatiara Village)